North Yorkshire School Meals
Our cook, Mrs Jones, provides a really tasty lunch. Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy and are produced freshly every day in our school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
Key stage one children (pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) are entitled to a free school meal every day.
For key stage two pupils (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) the price of a two course meal is £2.10. Payment should made by ParentPay. Please contact school if you do not know your ParentPay login details.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week "run on" period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker's allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Should you meet the above criteria, you can apply by using the application form in the useful downloads section.
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school is also notified that your child is entitled to free school meals. In the meantime, you should continue to pay for free school meals until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange a reimbursement of any monies paid whilst your entitlement is being confirmed.
If you are not entitled to free school meals you will be notified in writing.
Further Information provided by North Yorkshire County Council