The School uses the 'My Clothing' Uniform Embroidery Service, and they donate 5% cash of every item you buy through the service to the school.
Burton Salmon has a simple and distinctive code of school dress which all pupils are encouraged to wear and is fully supported by governors, staff and parents. Wearing school dress makes an important contribution to the tone and reputation of the school and gives the pupils a sense of belonging and identity. We encourage all pupils to take pride in their appearance and seek the co-operation of parents in this matter.
The desired uniform is:
- Navy blue jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan (in V or round neck)
- White shirt, polo shirt or blouse
- Grey dress, pinafore or skirt (of appropriate knee length)
- Blue summer dress (of appropriate knee length)
- Black, dark grey or grey trousers or shorts
- Footwear – black school shoes
The desired P.E. kit is
- Plain white t-shirt (not football teams)
- Plain dark shorts (not football teams)
- A pair of trainers
- Pupils also need a dark tracksuit or similar warm clothing for outdoor games in cold weather
In winter, children may bring Wellington boots but will also need to bring shoes to wear indoors. All clothing and shoes should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Children are not allowed to wear make-up, jewellery, excessive hair styles or other accessories. For health and safety reasons earrings are not permitted. When piercings are recent and still require studs to be worn as part of the healing process then tape must be worn to cover them at all times.
Please do not allow your child to bring valuable items to school.
How to Order Embroidered Uniform
- Go online to My Uniform website
- Enter Burton Salmon in the box
- This will open all the uniform items including embroidered items available for our school